Friday, May 29, 2009

When do you think Kaitlyn will be born???

I was getting on here to finally post pictures of the nursery...but Bill hasn't put them on the computer yet and I don't know how to....so I will post about my doctor's appt today....

Today I was checked and dilated to a 2. The doctor felt on my belly and thinks Kaitlyn is around 6 lbs already. The baby's head has dropped (she told me this last week actually) and is engaged. I asked what station that meant (I've been reading stuff online) she said about a -1. I guess a 0 would mean the baby is ready to come out. She said effacement was at a 30% which means my cervix is thinning out. So she compared this to another lady that is due in about a week...she said that that lady's baby has not dropped and become engaged yet...which means she will either go past her due date or will need a C-section. I asked her if she had an estimate of when I will give birth and she said probably a week or so before my due date. She doesn't think she will be late at all. good news for me! Which all along for some reason I have had a feeling she may come a little early before due date-maybe because the doc told me at 14 weeks that she felt like a big baby. I had the same feeling early on that she was going to be a girl. BUT she said not to keep that as a promise...she very well may not come until her due date. But she also said she could come in the next week. so its a good thing we put the car seat in last night and my bags are packed. The only things that I would like to accomplish is finishing out thank you cards, me and Bill need to finish with our office room and organize it, buy a recliner or glider, go to Bill's work shower they are throwing for us next Thursday, and take our breastfeeding class this Tuesday night. If none of that happens before she is born, that is okay too. :)
So knowing all this...what is your guess on when Kaitlyn will be born?? Her due date is June 25th.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I think June 19th...that's my anniversary! I can't wait to meet her and introduce our little ones. They are going to have so much fun together!!!

I can't wait to see pics of the nursery!

Chellie said...

You should go by the MWC fire department .. they do car seat safety checks for free there.. and if there's any problem they fix it for you.. I think you can go by anytime.

Amy said...

I was thinking I was going to have to drive all the way to Edmond...so thank you for telling me about MWC fire station, much easier and closer for me!!! :)