Saturday, May 23, 2009

Pregnancy update and baby raccoons!

Above is the latest belly picture we have taken. This was taken a week ago today when I was 34 weeks and 2 days. Yesterday I went for my 35 week appt and I will go see the doctor every week now. This was the appt where they check for strept B. That wasn't fun. I won't know the results for another week, so hopefully that will turn out okay. The doctor checked me and I found out the baby has dropped! Her head is down and she is engaged. So she is in the right position! No wonder I am going to the bathroom every 20 minutes! (sorry, TMI!) I also found out that is why I am having trouble walking and am having other pain--her head is in my pelvis! I am not dilated yet though which is okay. I know that really doesn't matter because it affects everyone differently. I won't be getting any more ultrasounds. A lot of people have told me that it looks like I am going to pop anyday now...I think she is going to wait a few more weeks. She still has some weight to gain. She is kicking really high at my ribs and I can feel her really low also. I am short so she is all over the place in there! ha. I don't know how much she weighs now, but according to my pregnancy books and weekly emails, she should be around 5 1/2 lbs now and should gain a half pound each week. Maybe next doctor's appt the doctor could tell me how much she weighs.
School is out, so now so I can finish everything I wanted to do before Kaitlyn comes. After saying goodbye to people at work, it hit me yesterday how close it is until she comes!! Some people said next time they see me I would be a mommy...I bawled when I got in my car! It was a good pregnancy/excited cry. All year I knew I just had to get through this school year and then she will come soon after that! It was a tough school year, so it never seemed like it would end. I am glad that I can get some rest before she comes because I know I won't get much when she is here. Although me and Bill got up at 7:30 this morning when we could have slept in! ha. No sleeping position is comfortable and I get up a million times to go to the bathroom. Oh well anything is rest when you are used to being on feet all day talking, explaining, disciplining, yelling, bending, walking, and teaching 24 five and six year olds all day!
And now, baby raccoons!! My brother, Matt loves animals! He rescued these baby raccoons from a friend's attic. They would have died in the wild if he wasn't nursing them. He knows everything about them and is so good at taking care of them. I could not believe I held a baby raccoon (at almost 9 months pregnant!) He will probably be giving them to an animal rescue as they get bigger and knows they will be okay.
Here is one of them sucking on my mom's finger.
My niece Haylee is such a little country girl! she picked them up like they were kittens! She loved holding them.

Here is Matt feeding one with a bottle.

3 comments:

Livin' and Lovin' said...

you are just way cute! love the baby raccoons and can't wait for your little Kaitlyn to be born!!

Lesley said...

i heard about these raccoons! the bottle feeding is so cute!! on a different note, how much longer do you have?

Amy said...

I will be 36 weeks this Thursday--so I have about 4 more weeks (or less...)