Thursday, January 15, 2009

ONE MORE WEEK!!!

In one more week we find out if we are having a baby boy or baby girl!!! I can't wait! I am such a planner, I can't imagine not finding out. It's gonna be a very slow week. I really want one of each, so really I don't care if its a boy or girl. I did the Chinese gender predictor online and it says girl. I have heard those aren't always right though. Hmmm..I guess we will see. I have had certain boys in my class who make me want to have a boy and certain girls who make me want to have a girl. What do you think we are having??

So...here is what we are going to do. After we find out (that afternoon), Bill is going to call our friend, Katie, who makes cakes (AMAZING cakes, by the way!) She is going to make either a pink or a blue cake, depending on the sex. It will be frosted really well so you won't be able to see the color of the cake. I think it may have question marks decorated on the top or something. Anyways...that evening Bill will pick up the cake and bring it to our house. Then our family is all coming over and when we cut the cake, they will find out if it's a boy or girl on whether the cake is blue or pink!! I'll have to take lots of pictures of the cake to keep in a baby album. We thought that would be a fun way of telling the family if they are going to be buying blue or pink for our newest family member!! :)

I am also having the kids in my class vote that day. They are so cute...everyday they tell me that my stomach is getting bigger. One boy named Cooper told me that I am having a girl because girls have girls and boys have boys. I asked him if his mom had him or his dad...and he said his dad. ha. Then kids started asking me how I got pregnant...um. I ignored that question. that's up to their parents to come up with something clever. :) Poor kids...they are the ones to witness my mood swings and lack of energy and sickness.

As far as how I am feeling...after 16 weeks, I started feeling MUCH better. THANK GOODNESS! I can actually eat now. I still get morning sickness right after getting up, but that is nothing compared to being sick all day. I still have my nervous moments though--I worry about so many things going wrong. it's so hard after dealing with a pregnancy loss knowing everything will be okay. Some of the most recent Google searches from freaking out was when my dog stepped on my stomach, when I went over a HUGE bump in the road, whenever I woke up and my stomach seemed to shrink, and whenever I thought I ate moldy apricots. After this next ultrasound and we see that the baby has grown and is healthy maybe I won't freak out anymore. Hopefully I will start feeling the baby move. Actually, sometimes I think I am feeling the baby move because there are little pops and bubble feelings here and there. It's not very often though.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

The Chinese predictor said I was having a girl. And so did every quiz I could find on the internet about gender! I think its a boy!

Amanda said...

Only a week?!?! I can't wait to know! This week will go by so slow, so stay busy. I'm glad you're feeling better. You need to post a new belly pic! : )