Sunday, June 14, 2009

38 weeks 3 days

Its our 6 year anniversary today!! We are going to hang out at home since we went to the Melting Pot a couple weeks ago. Above is a picture of us a year ago today on our 5 year anniversary when we stayed at the Renaissance. My hair has gotten so much darker since I have been pregnant!
Anyday now is what the doctor tells me. Above (and below) were pictures taken a week ago at 37 weeks. I don't think I have changed in the past week. I almost didn't post a belly shot, but I thought it'll be the last one and you can see how Kaitlyn is way over on my left side. I've been having a lot of Braxton-Hicks contractions lately and feeling a lot of pressure. Last night it started hurting when I had contractions. But it went away. Today I am being a hermit. I really don't want to go anywhere or do anything because I am just so big and uncomfortable. Going anywhere in the car makes me have a lot of contractions.
I am going to go walking (if I can) to try to get this labor started! My hands and feet really started to hurt as they have swollen. I haven't been able to wear my wedding ring the past few days. I still have just a tiny bit of ankles. My doctor's appt was on Friday and there has been a little progress--I am still dilated to a 2, but now 50% effaced. The doctor wasn't there, but the PA was trying to tell me that I should think about getting induced in the next week if she hasn't come yet. She said that since I am so small and the baby is getting so big. So I don't really know what to think about that. I thought I would call my doctor tomorrow as she gets back into town to see what she thinks I should do. She was already planning to "strip my membranes" this Thursday which may cause my water to break anyways, so I don't know if she would prefer to induce? I would rather Kaitlyn just come on her own in the next few days so we won't have to make that choice.
and although you can't see them, stretch marks began appearing 2 weeks ago. They are getting worse too. :( hopefully they'll go away after she is born..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know it's gross...My stripped my membranes on Tuesday evening and MIcaiah was born on Wednesday! It worked for us, maybe it will work for you. I do have to say, it hurts. If Bill can go with you and hold your hand he should! Good luck! I know that you are anxious and excited!!

Anonymous said...

that first part should read, "my doctor stripped my membrane"

Amy said...

thanks for letting me know. I'm kinda hoping she'll come before then now! ha.