Thursday, March 26, 2009

more pregnancy stuff..

I'll make up for not posting much lately..

Spring Break was great! I was able to get a lot done and get lots of rest!! I wanted to sleep in as much as I possibly could because soon I won't get to do that! We rearranged the baby furniture and it looks really good. I wanted to get all the decorating done during spring break, but I didn't get to that. We did get to register at Babies R Us and Target! We also took a birthing class last Saturday...which made for a really long day, but I am glad we did it. They made all the daddies-to-be give a good massage to the mommies-to-be. I liked that part! :) We watched a few videos that really made me teary eyed when hearing all about labor and birth. I am definitely planning to get an epidural.
My sciatic nerve has been REALLY hurtin' bad this week. It hurts to sit down because it's right there in the middle. My doctor told me some exercises to do to help it, but it really doesn't help a whole lot. I am hoping my husband will start giving me massages every night to help that pain...hint, hint!! I have always heard about the pains and how uncomfortable you get when pregnant--but man, there are so many places that hurt and feel so "not normal" all the time! My doctor said since I am so short, there is not as much room in there and I'll feel a lot of pain in my ribs (which I have) and other places. she said usually all those pains I explained to her are after 30 weeks...so I guess it just gets worse? or I guess I should just get used to it. I also had my first pregnancy leg cramp a couple days ago and dang those stink!
It's hard to find a position that is comfortable to sleep--especially with that sciatic nerve pain. Actually I haven't gotten much sleep at all lately. Sunday night was zero amount of sleep! I sleep on my left side and she kept kicking on that side...I almost felt like I was hurting her by laying on her--so I laid more on my sciatic nerve instead! Then she continued to kick all over all night. I know she is just preparing me for what's to come after she's born...she'll sleep during the day and be awake all night! A lot of kicking is always a good thing!

I just went to my doctor's appointment today. I'll be in my 3rd trimester next week so my doctor will need to see me more often. I had to have my Rhogam shot since I have RH negative blood. I had this shot after I had the miscarriage and I think I was just so numb then that I really couldn't feel it, because it hurts more than I remember. Maybe it hurt more now since the shot was close to my sciatic nerve?...
I had a million "is this normal" questions for my doctor... I always feel more relieved after I talk to her. I had her sign my consent form to get a 4-D ultrasound in two weeks at Miracle Within Ultrasound in Edmond--I was given a gift certificate from a friend to have that done. We are really excited about getting a 4-D ultrasound!
Dr. Doeden also measured me and said I measured at 30 and she said that is ahead of schedule....I should've asked, but if I measure at 30cm, does that mean I measure at 30 weeks? Anything ahead of schedule is great news! I would love to have her come a couple weeks earlier than my due date--not TOO early, but 2 weeks would be fine--as long as she is healthy and everything developed well. :) The earlier would mean the more time I have at home with her before school starts in August.
I'll have to post another picture soon.

OH AND YAY FOR LESS THAN 100 DAYS!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Save Life said...

Pregnancy is an exciting time for every mother from the first time of meeting their baby till the time they actually hold the pair of little feet in your hands. A 4d ultrasound scan provides live video footage of the baby's movements, developments and the baby's heartbeat. Still images are the taken from this scan, also giving you 4D ultrasounds images to take home with your movie of the unborn baby.