Thursday, March 5, 2009

24 weeks!

This one above was taken today...kinda a weird picture. It looks like half of my arm is missing!
This was taken on Valentine's Day--check out the flowers Bill got me!

I hadn't posted in a few weeks, so I thought it was about time. Today I am 24 weeks pregnant!! It's exciting to be this far along--especially to know that there have been babies born at 24 weeks and actually survived. NOT that I want her to come this early AT ALL--she still has a lot of growing to do!! It's just neat to know. I took off work for half of the day tomorrow to go take the glucose test. I am really dreading it...I hope the drink doesn't taste bad or make me sick. I just wanna get it over with and pass!
Last week Bill and I went with his mom and sister to buy baby furniture!! Bill's grandmother left some money when she passed and his mom decided to use some of the money for us to get all new baby furniture as a gift from his grandmother. We will get to pick it up this weekend!! It's all black so it will match the black trim throughout our house. We got a 4-1 crib, so she will get a lot of use out of it. I will post pictures of it when we set it up. And I ordered bedding too that came in a few days ago. It's called Ladybug Lullabye and it's on the Babies R Us website if you wanna see it.
Today I had three different people at work give me baby gifts. 2 were parents of Kindergarteners. One gave me a VERY soft and pretty baby blanket...and the other gave me a bunch of really cute outfits! Then a very sweet 5th grade teacher gave me our first package of newborn diapers, Christmas bib and booties, and a cute onesie! It's so fun getting baby stuff!!!

Speaking of baby stuff...I need help! Next weekend, Bill and I are going to start registering. We are going to register at Babies R Us and Target. I am making a list of things that we need to register for. If you are a mom and have any recommendations, please leave a comment for me. I know everyone may have a different opinion on what works and what doesn't, but I still want your advice. Or if there is anything that you wish you would've gotten or certain brands that you love.... please let me know.

2 comments:

Tamara said...

You can take a look at Jonathan and my registries at BRU and Target if you want. I checked and they are still up. We can't say enough good things about the Dr. Brown's bottles. And the smartest purchase we made was to get the Snap and Go stroller. You aren't at this stage very long and I didn't want to lug around a giant stroller, nor pay the price for one. If you ever need to know anything about pumps or that kind of gear let me know. I would like to think that exclusively pumping for 8 months makes me an expert :)Any other questions? I would be happy to help!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Amy! Congratulations on your baby girl. I saw that you live in Choctaw on your facebook. That is where Joe and I live. We got the Diaper Champ which we love! It can use any size trash bag and it really keeps the smell out! I think Luv's are the best diapers for the price. Enjoy!! It is so much fun! She will be here before you know it!