Saturday, December 13, 2008

12 Weeks

I am obviously not very good about updated this thing. I will try to do better. :) Maybe it will be a long one...
Every week being pregnant, I counted down the days to 12 weeks. The risk of miscarriage goes down and so does morning sickness (or so it should). I hoped morning sickness (which totally should not be called that--it's morning, day, evening, and night sickness.) would magically disappear at 12 weeks. Well, Thursday was 12 weeks and guess what...still SICK! I have every symptom in the book that comes with pregnancy. (bad acne, headaches, back pain--yes, already, abdomen pain, morning sickness, FATIGUE, mood swings, emotional wreck, and others I shouldn't mention.... :) I think it's God's way of telling me there is still a baby in there. On days (which doesn't happen often) where I actually feel somewhat okay, I get worried something is wrong. I wish things would get better soon, especially this time of year. I am missing out on a friend's graduation party right now since I was sick this morning and last night. And Christmas shopping hasn't really happened yet.
But, I am lucky to have a good supportive husband who is helping to keep the house clean, get groceries, and who rushes to get me anything I need on the spot! :)
Last week Bill and I went in for our latest doctor's appt. and got to hear the heartbeat. I was 11 weeks pregnant, so we weren't guaranteed to hear the heartbeat, but after the nurse moved the doppler around for awhile, we were relieved to hear it! The little heart was beating 160 bpm!!! Many people are telling me since it's a high heartbeat, that means it's a girl. Bill is refusing to believe that. Although deep down I think that he thinks it's a girl too. When we find out in 6 weeks, we will finally begin purchasing things for the nursery!!!
When I went to Target the other day to buy for a baby shower, seeing all the different brands of diapers, wipes, formula, desitin, car seats, etc, etc. was kinda overwhelming. I am going to have to do some major research on what is the best to buy. I'll have to admit, some of the stuff there I had no idea what it was.
Well, that's all for now...

3 comments:

Amanda said...

The sickness should get better soon! I didn't start feeling better until 14 weeks. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

About the heartbeat...everyone told me the same thing. Liam's was always 150-160...and everyone told me I was having a girl, but he's definitely a boy!!! I must add that regardless of the heartbeat...I think you're going to have a girl!!! ;-)

Vanessa said...

Our baby boy was 156bpm at that point. Everyone said that we were having a girl. I am 33 weeks and last week it was 142 bpm. His has always stayed high. I guess it is different for every pregnancy.

I know what you mean about being overwhelmed by all the different products. I took a good friend with me to register and she explained it to me. Between her and Annika, I feel like I am starting to understand the products a little better. Hope you get to feeling better soon!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy! I found your blog via Vanessa's. My little boy also had a high heart beat right up until the end. You never know. I always knew he would be a boy. I was lucky and never had many symptoms of pregnancy but a friend once told me that every day that she woke up feeling sick she prayed a prayer of Thanksgiving because she knew she was still carrying her baby. Congratulations and good luck! It goes by SO fast!