Wednesday, June 9, 2010

And she's off...


Kaitlyn took her first steps on May 10th at 10 1/2 months old. Now she can walk all the way across a room. Its so crazy that my baby is walking!

She's learned so much in the past few weeks since I have been home with her. She is understanding words that I say and she'll point to things when I say them.
Her vocabulary has really expanded as well. Her new word is "hi" in a high pitched voice because that is how I have been saying it to her. She likes to say "whoa" "uh-oh" "duck" "baby" "dog" "no" "light" "momma"--but she only says momma with her tongue hanging out. ha!
and just about any other words that we've said, she's repeated.
she knows a little bit of sign language "more" and "all done".
and she loves to punish our dog, Jacey. She'll point to her and babble in a deep voice after she sees me getting onto her.
Some of her newest things are pointing and laughing outloud when other people laugh. She has this cute loud laugh that almost sounds like a cry. Sunday at church her ball rolled up close to the preacher and when he noticed it, he said something about it and everyone laughed. Kaitlyn thought it was the funniest thing that he was laughing and laughed a few times outloud. :)

Another of her favorite things to do is scrunch up her nose and make a mean face. Her daddy LOVES to egg that on as you can see below. they look just alike when doing it!


Busy reading a book by herself... She'll point to pages and just babble to herself.
And below is me and Kaitlyn on my first Mother's Day!

We have had so much fun this summer! I'll have more to update about all our summer adventures in the next couple of weeks. Kaitlyn's 1 year birthday is coming up at the end of June! Wow--can't believe she's almost ONE!

No comments: